You have devoted years of time, talent and capital to build your business. Have you taken reasonable steps to keep that business secure? Take a few hours to consult with an attorney and discuss how you can protect your legacy and preserve your business if you are disabled, retired, when you die, or if you are involved in a lawsuit.
- Does your Limited Liability Company have an operating agreement that is tailor made for your business and your team?
- Are you bringing younger members of the family into the business? Do you have a clear plan for compensation, advancement, and ownership?
- Are you planning to sell your business? Does your buyout plan protect your assets and reputation in the event that the buyer defaults on the payments?
- Are you bringing in new investors, employees, or managers? Are you and your proprietary information protected against competition if that person leaves?
- Are your personal assets protected from judgments arising out of your business?
- Do you have a plan to keep your business going in the event of a major illness or injury?