Unlocking Secrets: Pleasure, Happiness, Joy, Gratitude, by Sharing a Thanksgiving Meal
My blog posts are often too long. This one will be short.
May we all learn: “To live with an open heart. To give more than take. To work joyfully. To be awake to the world always.”
These words of author, Brett Martin, capture my prayer for ones I love—and myself.
Mr. Martin credits his interview of master chef, Jacques Pepin, with saving his life because his appetite was restored and he rediscovered how to be present to the joy of a meal with a friend.
Some links for you in this week that we focus on tradition, family, friends and gratitude.
- A Ted Talk by Carl Honoré, author of “In Praise of Slowness.”
- A description of the “Book of Joy” by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Quotes from “Man’s Search for Meaning,” by Victor Frankl.
- A link to a summary of Aristotle’s “Nicomachean Ethics.”
- Daniel Goleman’s description of his book, “Emotional Intelligence.”
- The Great Thanksgiving Listen project by Story Corps.
- How to record a conversation with a loved one for the Story Corps project.
- And just for fun, the song of the week from Prairie Home Companion—Thank God for Fermentation!
Blessings to all of you!